URFD Registration

URFD Reflector Registration system is in open beta!

https://dvref.com

Please sign up there, and try out the system!

Good start Steve! Here are some initial comments:

Couldn’t specify “URFXXX” in for the designator, so I just used the last three characters, 307 and 587. Oddly, four characters are possible. Not sure why.

It was also unclear if you want me to mention all working modules on both reflectors (I did).

Also, I think there should be a “transcoded” DV mode to indicate that the module is full transcoded.

I left the designator field as the same function as the mrefd style of entry. I figured, they all start with URF, so the only part people will need to enter is the last part. I also allow for 4 characters, since the ‘callsign’ of the urfd reflector can be up to 7 characters, minus the URF. If I’m incorrect, let me know now so I can migrate the fields to be correct!

The install process allows you to select which modules you want to enable, so I left the module definitions up to the sysop entering the information. I think that most operators will use modules like ‘Talk Groups’, so I allowed the title to be whatever, then just assign a module letter and reflector to the definition.

I can add in a boolean for “full transcode” on a module, very good idea!

Both ./rconfig and main.cpp require 6 character callsigns beginning with “URF”. This is mostly to allow for DStar linking packets where URCALL might be “URF307AL”. Sorry, this sounds like it’s going to need a new function.

Un-transcoded URF modules are a bit of an anomaly. Any mode can use them, but only clients using the same mode will hear each other. For now, Dashboard module descriptions should indicate what the expectation is for their use. I eventually want to allow reflector admins better control over these open, un-transcoded modules.

Actually, the DStar linking command would be XRF307AL or REF307AL or DCS307AL. In all cases these linking commands are exactly 8 characters.

Ok, I understand about the reflector callsigns, and set the max character limit to 3 for registration. No problem! I’ll add in some guidance text to reflect that the field is only expecting the three characters after URF.

In practice, should all modules be considered transcoding modules? I was under the impression that a module would be for a specific DV mode, and that a urfd reflector would have one, maybe two transcoding modules.

Currently, urfd can only be configured for zero transcoded modules, or one transcoded module (with a pair of DVSI 3000 devices) or up to three modules (with either a pair of DVSI 3003 devices or a USB-3006 device, which has a pair of 3003s and a dual channel FTDI). Up to 26 modules can be configured (A-Z), but the extra modules would accept any client mode and would not be transcoded.